Have you ever tried green leafy salad with meat? If not, then you are missing a lot in your life. I can personally say that this salad is something you will keep coming back for more.
I know you are excited about this salad recipe, but let us just talk a little first about this food.
As we all know, Thailand is located in Asia and is also recognized for its people’s love of spicy foods and different spices that will make every dish tasteful and mouthwatering, just like this Thai beef salad.
Additionally, they are health-conscious. That is why people in Thailand love to eat vegetables that are partnered with meat.
Thai Beef Salad is perfect for anyone who loves salad but hates the traditional mayo dressing and the likes. This one will give you a whole lot of new flavors for your salad.
The combination of its sweet and sour taste of lime, sugar and the excellent level of spiciness from the chili will remove any feeling of being “so over” with what you eat. And the fact that coriander is not widely used in salad as everyone mostly uses lettuce in a green salad.
And if you are a low-carb diet fanatic, I can say that you will love and enjoy every piece of this salad. So, I will not keep you waiting. Let’s now jump into the ingredients and preparation.
Ingredients for Thai Beef Salad
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Thai Chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cilantro/coriander stems
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame
- A small amount of grated ginger
- 7 – 8 oz / 200 – 250 g good quality beef steak – sirloin, at room temperature
- 1/2 tbsp oil (vegetable, peanut or canola oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed green leaves like baby spinach and mesclun
- 1/4 cup cherry or the normal tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves, separated from the stem
- 1/4 spring onions
- Toasted sesame
Here’s How You Will Prepare Thai Beef Salad
- I had marinated the beef first from sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and soy for a more flavorful beef. However, if you do not like your beef to be marinated, you can choose to drizzle it with some oil, salt and pepper depending on your taste, then directly put it into a frying pan or grill until it is medium-rare. Then transfer it to a plate where it can rest from 5-10 minutes.
- Next, mince the garlic, chili and coriander stems and add a pinch of salt and pepper for the dressing, or you can use a mortar and pestle to form a paste. Then you can now add all the remaining dressing ingredients. You can adjust the taste of your sugar, lime and fish sauce depending on how you want your salad to taste.
- Place your green leaves in a bowl, drizzle with 1 tbsp dressing and toss for the salad. Then after the beef rests, slice it thinly and place in the bowl with the remaining dressing and toss them gently. You may now sprinkle the toasted sesame and extra coriander and serve immediately for a more satisfying experience.
Some Final Words
After showing you the ingredients and the preparations, you do not have the reason not to make a salad at home.
Aside from its very simple preparation, the ingredients are also quite easy to find in every supermarket. You may now start living healthy with this recipe that you may enjoy even every day without the fear of gaining an extra pound.